4th Members of the Transitional Council Sworn – in.
– FG announces portfolios of members of the National Transitional Council.
– British Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, Sir Douglas Hurd visits Nigeria.
5th The Senate arm of the National Assembly reconvenes after one-month holiday.
7th Political activists in Kano meet on plans to field Bashir Tofa for presidential race.
8th IBB attends Armed Forces Remembrance Day
– Former MAMSER Chairman and National Security Adviser, Alhaji Mohammadu Gambo hands over.
10th NEC closes registration of party members
– Lagos Workers plan to down tools following deadlock of meeting between the state government and the industrial unions over the 45% increment in salary.
– Kingibe declares his intention to join the presidential race.
10th IBB visits National Eye Centre.
13th Former Head of State, General Yakubu Gowon, the Ikemba of Nnewi, Chief Odumegwu Ojukwu and Chief M. K. O. Abiola join the presidential race.
– National Conference on “Federalism and Nation Building in Nigeria, the challenges of the 21st century” opens in Abuja.
– IBB approves the appointment of Mr. Olusegun Olusena as the new Accountant General of the Federation.
19th National Republican Convention (NRC) meets aspirants to acquaint them with the revised transition programme.
– Babangida receives the report of the Audit Panel set up to investigate the accounts and records of the two political parties.
– FG announces new tariff measures.
22nd Chairman of Transitional Council presents budget to the National Assembly.
– NACB honours 354 workers.
25th National Assembly reconvenes.
26th Shonekan presents the 1993 budget to the National Assembly.
– FG announces a transitional budget of 53.7 billion.
- 1993 – 95 medium term strategy for Nigeria announced.
- Two committees on the way to promote fiscal co-ordination
- Budget deficit of 43.8 billion recorded in 1992
- Excise duty abolished except on Tobacco, Alcohol.
- Removal of ceiling on credit growth to private banks remains.
- Annual income under 5,000.00 no longer subjected to tax.
- A blue ribbon committee of eminent Nigerians to administer revenue derived from reduction of oil subsidy underway.
- Gov’t calls for consensus opinions on reduction of oil subsidy.
- Modalities for national health insurance scheme to be
- DFRRI to be merged with Agric. Ministry.
- MAMSER to be merged with Information Ministry
- SAP relief package to continue
26th Chairman of the Transitional Council announces the merger of MAMSER and DFRRI under their parent ministries
30th IBB attends the launching of a book on Alhaji Yusuf Maitama Sule, Danmasanin Kano.