3rd First lady, Mrs. Maryam Babangida attends seminar on Widows at Agura Hotels, Abuja.
6th FG promulgates presidential election (Basic Constitutional Decree No.13 of 1993) to guide the conduct of presidential elections.
– IBB performs the foundation laying ceremony of the Abuja Factory Complex of the Nigerian Security, Printing and Minting Company (NPMC).
– IBB hosts German Minister of State for Foreign Affairs, Mr. Holomit Echafer
8th FG announces the suspension of the proposed removal of oil subsidy.
– LG bosses honour IBB, Dasuki.
9th Christians celebrate Good Friday.
– 2 Nigerian soldiers serving under the UN killed in Yugoslavia.
– NRC Caretaker committee hands over to elected party executives.
15th The Senate arm of the National Assembly resumes sitting after one month recess.
16th FG meets with secretaries to state governments and the Secretary to the Federal government on how to embark on enlightenment campaign on oil pricing.
19th Tony Anenih emerges as new chairman of SDP.
20th NRC flags off its national campaign beginning with Kano, home of the presidential candidate, Alh. Bashir Tofa.
– A book on President Babangida titled Pictorial book on eight years of dynamic leadership written by Mr. Chris Ojokolo launched.
– NRC loses 3 members in road accident in Kano. They are.
- Wahab Osunbiyi
- M. T. K. Halid
21st FG slices bread price by 30% nationwide.
22nd Senate President, Dr. Ayu warns against the abuse of National Guard.
– IBB lays foundation stone of Nigerian Institute of Advanced Legal Studies (NIALS).
24th FG re-awards contract for the construction of Federal Secretariat in Ibadan.
26th Warring parties in Sudan meet in Abuja for peace talks.
26th FG revokes petrol exportation permit to check perennial fuel scarcity.
27th The Second Census Tribunal calls for fresh head count in 83 villages across four states in the Federation.
29th SDP campaign kicks-off in Kaduna.