1st President Babangida cancels national day celebration as a mark of honour to military personnel and civilians who lost their lives in the Ejigbo plane crash.
– Queen Elizabeth, OAU scribe condoles IBB over September 26 air disaster in Lagos.
– NEC fixes run-off elections for October. 10.
3rd IBB condoles Gov. Fidelis Tapgun over the death of his mother.
5th IBB performs the “dust to dust” rites at the burial of the Hercules C130 crash victims at Keramajiji cemetery, Abuja.
– President Babangida pays tribute to departed heroes.
6th 10 NRC aspirants reject results. They are: Bamanga Tukur, Umaru Shinkafi, Emmanuel Iwuanyanwu, Saleh Jambo, Shehu Musa, Inuwa Wada, Eyitayo Dan Musa, Melford Okilo and Alfred Adoloju.
6th AFRC dissolves parties because of the malpractices that marred the presidential primaries.
11th NEC begins investigation into alleged malpractices during presidential primaries.
– Aspirants of the two political parties call on AFRC not to disqualify them.
13th Yobe prepares for IBB’s visit.
14th IBB commissions lbadan-Ife dualisation road project.
15th FG lifts wheat ban.
– 18 Governors deliberate on the outcome of the presidential primary elections.
18th FG dissolves executives of the two registered political parties.
– Nigerians react to the cancellation of party primaries and the dissolution of executive councils.
20th NLC urges National Assembly to join in running the affairs of the nation.
21st NEC chairman, Humphrey Nwosu clears Ikimi, Kingibe for presidency.
– Caretaker committee takes over two political parties:
- AVM A.I. Shekari (rtd) Chairman
- Husseina Umaru Member
- Shaba Dagachi
- Chief Fenibo G. Peter
- Obinna Nwosu
- Comrade Sylvester Ejiofor
Representative of Nigerian political Science Association
- Lateefa Okunnu Chairperson
- Alhaji Ibrahim Baba Member
- I.E. Aileru “
- Edwin Aimufua “
- Israel “
- Njemarize Brig T. A. Oyelola (rtd) “
- Comrade A. A. Salam “
26th NNPC introduces measures to curb fuel scarcity.
– Women Organisation, Women In Nigeria (WIN) urges IBB to quit Jan’93.
27th FG approves private ownership of technical colleges. Ikimi leaves N45m for caretakers.
– Nigeria and Niger sign cultural and educational exchanges agreement
29th IBB hosts Chadian Foreign Minister at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.