1st Minister of Transport, Aviation and Communication announces new National Transport Policy.
2nd Nigeria Airways organises seminar on fraud documentation at the Murtala Muhammad Airport, Lagos.
– Anambra State Governor commissions Public Finance Group established in the state.
– FG reduces debt owed London club by $3.28 billion and reschedules about $13.85 billion with the Paris Club.
– Book on political leadership launched in Lagos. Commandant of the War College, Lt. Gen. Jerry Useni and Alhaji Aminu Dantata attended the book launch.
– The Zangon – Kataf Civil and Communal Disturbances Tribunal headed by Justice Benedict Okadigbo convicts three persons to six years imprisonment with hard labour.
8th NEC begins tour of Eastern States.
– UNIMAID lecturers begin strike over the non-implementation of agreement reached between the Federal government and ASUU.
– Commonwealth Secretary – General, Emeka Anyaoku condemns renewed violence in South Africa.
10th Aikhomu launches 25 million Chapel in Lagos.
12th Pan Africanist Congress (PAC) vice president, Dekgang Moseneke visits President Babangida and briefs the President about developments in apartheid South Africa.
15th FG appoints 27-member Transitional Council. They are:
- Chief Earnest Shonekan
- Chief Francis Orji
- Alhaji Inuwa Bakari
- Alhaji Aminu Saleh
- Barnabas Gemade
- Mustapha Umara
- Chief M. T. Mbu
- Chief Philip C. Asiodu
- Christopher G. Okojie
- Ben Nwabueze
- Hassan Hadejia
- Maccido Dalhat Mrs. Laraba Dagash
- Garuba Ja-AbdulKadir
- Isa Mohammed
- Abdul Rahman Okene
- Saidu Isa
- Emily Ag – Imoukhuede
- Chief Oluwole Adeosun
- Oladunni Ayandipo
- Yusuf Galadima
- \ Bello Dogon Daji
- Zarma Gogoran
- Umaru Baba
- Comrade Uche Chukwumerije
- Chief Oladele Olashore
16th IBB extols benefits of policy option during the inauguration of policy analysis forum held under the auspices of National Planning Commission in Abuja.
17th Industry and Technology, Minister, Major Gen. Bagudu Mamman (rtd) unveils a prototype indigenous car.
– IBB commissions first phase of he Ajaokuta Steel Mill.
21st Education Minister, Professor Babatunde Fafunwa announces new policy on education.
– Kaduna Polytechnic gets new Governing Council.
– IBB approves Udeala’s appointment as new UNN VC
30th Britain, Germany and Japan express support for the change in hand over date by the Babangida administration