1st Budget broadcast by the President.
2nd Service Chiefs, members of the AFRC, ministers and governors sworn-in by President Babangida following their appointment on December 29, 1989.
New Service Chiefs:
- Air Vice-Marshal Nureini Yusuf – Chief of Air Staff.
- Rear Admiral Murtala Nyako – Chief of Naval Staff.
- Alhaji Aliyu Atta – Inspector-General of Police.
Additional Members of AFRC
- Gen. Aliyu Mohammed.
- Gen. Ike Nwachukwu.
- Air Vice-Marshal Anthony Okpere.
- Rear Admiral M. A. B. Elegbede.
Appointment under Presidency:
- Alhaji Aliyu Mohammed , Secretary to the Federal Government.
- Vice-Admiral Patrick Koshoni, Chairman, National Internal Security Affairs.
- Air Marshal Ibrahim Alfa, Co-ordinator, Transition Programme.
- Chu Okongwu, Minister of Cabinet Affairs
– President Babangida announces the establishment of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, with the following members:
- Fidelis Oyakhilome – Chairman
- Director of State Security Services
- Directors of Military Intelligence and of the Customs and Excise Department
- Representative of the Police not below the rank of Assistant Inspector-General of Police (AIG)
- Director-General of the National Intelligence Agency
- Representative of the Federal Ministry of Justice not below the rank of Director.
- Representative of the Ministry of External Affairs of at least the rank of Director.
11th Special Adviser on African Affairs to the French President, Mr. Jeans
Christopher Miter visits General Babangida at Dodan Barracks.
15th Armed Forces Remembrance Day rounded up in Abuja.
– Chairman of Constituent Assembly submits report to President Babangida in Abuja.
22nd President Babangida meets Senior Army Officers in a four-hour marathon meeting with three service chiefs in attendance.
25th IBB signs into law the State Security Detention of Persons amendment decree 1990.
26th President Babangida announces the names of secretaries of the two political parties at the national and state levels.
31st National workshop for the new appointed administrative secretaries for the two political parties, SDP and NRC inaugurated in Abuja.