1st Sultan of Sokoto, Sir Abubakar Sadiq III dies.
– President Babangida condoles the nation over the death of Sultan of Sokoto.
2nd FG drags Italy to World Court over Koko toxic waste saga, and sends delegation to condole the family and people of Sokoto over the death of Sultan Abubakar Sadiq.
6th Dasuki emerges the new Sultan of Sokoto following the death of Sir Abubakar III on 1st November 1988.
– Riot breaks out in Sokoto following the election of Ibrahim Dasuki as the new Sultan of Sokoto.
– A dust to dawn curfew imposed on Sokoto following violent protest against the election of Ibrahim Dasuki.
9th President Babangida begins a four-day official tour of Ogun State.
10th Babangida sends a message of congratulation to President George Bush on his election as President of the United States of America.
12th Emir of Kano, Alhaji Ado Bayero marks 25 years on the throne.
14th The new Sultan of Sokoto Alhaji Ibrahim Dasuki turbaned.
– IBB sends good will message to the new Sultan of Sokoto
– IBB officially opens the new library complex of the Yaba college of Technology, Lagos.
16th President Babangida congratulates Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe on his 84th birthday anniversary.
28th Babangida departs Lagos for Sierra Leone and Liberia on one-week official visit.
– FG stops debate by members of the Constituent Assembly on Sharia.