5th Government gives 48 hours ultimatum to the Academic Staff of Universities (ASUU) and the Senior Staff Association (SSA) to call off their strike.
7th ASUU proscribed.
– Federal Government committee to discuss memorandum submitted by the 42 industrial unions.
- Michael Omolayole – Chairman
- F. O. Williams
- I. Nzimiro
- G. C. Okongwu
- U. G. Damachi
- Adekunle Olumide
– Government chases out lecturers from campuses following the proscription of ASUU.
8th IBB declares open the first African and Middle East Regional Congress of the International Society for Education through Arts (INSEA) at the University of Lagos, Lagos.
9th New National Executive of the Nigerian Association of Chambers of Commerce Industry, Mines and Agriculture (NACCIMA) visits President Babangida at Dodan Barracks, Lagos.
11th ASUU members return to campus on government’s orders.
16th President Babangida travels out to Cape Verde on a three-day official visit.
20th Federal Government inaugurates a nine-man National Boundary Commission.
- Vice Admiral Augustus Aikhomu Chairman
- Gen. Ike Nwachukwu
- Mamman Kontagora Col. John Shagaya
- Mohammadu Gambo Prof. A.I. Asiwaju
- Tommy Imobigbe
- Abubakar Alhaji
- Director-General of the National Intelligence Agency.
– Announcement of the appointment and redeployment of new governors
- Lt Col. Fidelis Makka – Benue
- O. Oresanya – Oyo
- Wing Commander Isa Mohammed – Gongola-
- Godwin Abbe – Akwa Ibom
- Joshua Madaki – Bauchi
- Col. Abdullahi Mohammed – – Borno
- Group Capt. M. A. Lawal – Ogun
- S. Karma – Plateau
- Group Capt. E. O. Adeleye – Rivers
Others redeployed as follows:
- Col Rasaki (Lagos)
- Col Idris Garba
- Lawrence Onoja (Katsina)
- A.S. Mukhtar (Kaduna)
- Tunde Ogbeha
– President Babangida approves the appointment of twelve men to serve on the Technical Committee on Privatisation and Commercialisation
- Alhaji I Hamza Zayyad – Chairman
- Chief Kuye – Secretary
- Arthur Mhanefo
- Alhaji Ibrahim Aliyu
- Chief S.O. Asabia
- Sanni Aminu
- Alhaji U.K. Bello
- G.A. Akamiokor
- Nze F.O. Chukwu
- Alhaji Abubakar Bakari
- Jacob Tilley Gyado
- Abibu Gwarzo
– President Babangida welcomes Mr. Raif Dizdarevic, President of Republic of Yugoslavia on a visit to Nigeria.