5th IBB sends a message of condolence to the Swedish Monarch, King Carl Gustav on the assassination of Prime Minister Olof Palme.
6th FG investigates an alleged fraud of about 5 million at the Oshogbo Steel Rolling Mill.
7th Petroleum Minister, Alhaji Lukman reviews oil pact with customers.
Government deports Irish national, Christopher N. 0′ Kelly for his involvement in shady deals and for living in Nigeria without residential status.
8th Minister of Trade, Major General Gado Nasko briefs the press on the activities of his ministry.
– FG allocates N5 billion for 1986 import license.
9th ANC President Mr. Oliver Tambo arrives Lagos on a five-day official visit to Nigeria.
14th FG grants autonomy to Federal Colleges of Education.
21st Committee set up to look into Nigeria’s membership of the Organisation of Islamic Conference (OIC) submits report.
– FG orders N30m spare parts to repair machinery and equipment in all the River Basin Development Authorities.
22nd Babangida launches a book titled Vol. 1 of “The Nigerian National Merit Award Lectures”.
– Babangida approves former Ogun State Governor, Chief Bisi Onabanjo’s treatment abroad.
– A two-man delegation of the Commonwealth Group on South Africa
calls on President Babangida at State House, Dodan Barracks, Lagos.
– A 26-member committee on unemployment in the country inaugurated.
Members of the committee drawn from: the Nigeria Employers Consultative Association (NECA), and the Federal Ministries of Education, Labour, National Planning, Social Development, Youth and Sports.
TERMS OF REFERENCE:
- Come out with proposals aimed at reducing the high level of unemployment in the country;
- Recommend lasting measures to tackle the menace of unemployment;
Carefully study the working papers of the existing services and programmes of the Ministry of Labour and Productivity.